Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Vacancy....


Well, shucks.... I am excrutiatingly UN-occupied these days, and trying to come up with stuff to do is giving me Brain Bubbles.

I had my Doctors Visit today. It went well, if "well" entails getting both Urine and Blood on yourself.

The Caymanian Work Permit requires a Chest Xray, Urinalysis, VDRL, and HIV tests. They don't ask if I've ever killed anyone or if I've ever burned down a building, which are definitely things that I would ask if I was letting someone work in my country. No, no, they just want to know if I smoke or carry diseases. Well, their decision, they can deal with the consequences.

***NOTE - If anyone from the Caymanian Work Permit Board is among the 6 or 7 people that ever see this, that last paragraph was my sad attempt at "humor." I haven't killed anyone or burned down a building, but I'll do both if you deny me. HARD!!!

Anyway, to prevent any mixup with the, um... specimen, I was instructed to write my name on the side of the plastic cup. They should have specified the order in which the writing and peeing should occur, especially since the cups don't have lids.

The bleeding was my fault... I ripped the cotton ball off early, so we'll call it even.... I guess.

My incredible friend, Dr. Bryan Hughes, was extremely helpful and made me feel like a princess. I MEAN PRINCE!!! A PRINCE!!!!

So, the test results should be in and the work permit should be mailed off by the weekend.... That will make me happy.

Other exciting points this week were:



Getting a Ten O'Clock Waffle from Waffle House on Sunday night with sister Carly and her friend, Alexandra.

Lunch at Bua Thai with Ben Hooper, another incredible friend who peer pressures me into ordering my Garlic Pepper Tofu "Thai Hot." I cry like Nora watching the Hallmark Hall of Fame, but still can't stop myself from ordering.

The sweet Thai lady even sliced up a habanero from her garden for us to add to our meals. I can't tell if she did this because she likes us or hates us... either way, I thnk it's better that I ate it AFTER my tests were run...

Pricing dumpsters to clear a brush pile behind the house.

Yes, I know, my life is so exciting that no one even notices the fact that I'm not writing about Cayman or mangoes or the sea.... right.


Okay, enough. Check back soon updates on folding laundry, making peanut butter sandwiches, and Sonic drinks.

4 comments:

Michele said...

Let's hope we both have fantastically amazing weeks this week.

It is very late notice, but it you haven't seen the current exhibits at the Nelson, you should stop by. One closes today, "Manet to Matisse." It has paintings from the Henry Block collection. There is also a photography exhibit which I have heard is great also.

Megan said...

Mmm, Bua Thai. LOVE that place. Their mushroom stir fry is awfully tasty.

Dana said...

Mushroom with tofu stir fry and thai iced coffee and crab rangoons! I want it NOW!

P.S. Hi Zach!

Anonymous said...

Happy 6th Anniversary on the 15th! Love Ann and David