Monday, November 5, 2007

The Bells, The Bells



WELL, I'm sad to report that the trip to K.C. came and went far too quickly.

Bryan and Tina were married on Saturday in a beautiful service, and time spent with them before and after the ceremony could not have been more enjoyable.

They were married at St. Something's in Leavenworth... I remember that it was beautiful and one of the only Churches in the midwest that are of the Carmelite Order.

You can learn more at www.ocarm.org. Or not, either way....



The Chapel had just undergone a complete renovation, and it was by far the most beautiful church I've seen in the U.S.



I was only in town for a couple of days, but still got to see family and a few friends. It was so great to see everyone that I barely noticed that is was ABSOLUTELY FAH-REEZING in Kansas City.

There was one extremely pleasant and completely unexpected surprise that I should report. I had the honor of meeting a very nice lady named Lisa Walters. She is, according to my Dad, "the kind of nurse you wish you had a whole hospital full of."

She is also, according to Lisa herself, a fan of this blog.

I know, I know.... it defies all logic to think that a real, live Medical Professional would actually READ this blog, let alone enjoy it, LET ALONE admit (in public) to be a "fan."

Lisa presented me with an incredibly thoughtful gift - an Ergonomic Mango Slicer.

It even has oversized, non-slip rubber handles

(See? Always thinking about safety... what a great nurse....)

So, I have one fan.






Kristi just wondered aloud if Lisa will be a fan of the dirty dishes I'm ignoring to write this.

Now she's wondering aloud how Caymanian divorces work.

Now she's threatening to throw hot tea on me if I keep typing all of the things she says to me while I'm blogging....


SO, until then....


OH, and P.S...... I ate my lunch in the Royal Bank of Canada parking lot again today, and look who came CRAWLIN' BACK!!!!!!



VICTORY IS MINE!!!!!!

5 comments:

M. Gants v4.0 said...

Hahaha, good post. I hope the scald marks heal soon.

Say, get any photos of the good doctor and his new bride?

Anonymous said...

Don't ever suggest your father made a comment which ended in a preposition.

your father

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back in the warmth and have a fan club of one rooster! Not true, you have many fans, including many professionals like doctors and ministers...see you in Jan! Ann and David

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the nice comments. I really admire your dad. I have worked with him for many years. Several people at work have caught me giggling at your posts, so yes I am a fan. Some of that may also have to do with the stories from Bryan and Mike.

I added the mango slicer to my Christmas list yesterday. My daughter can't wait to have mangos after we get it, lol.

No, Kristi, I am not a fan of dirty dishes. Especially when my children are watching TV instead of doing them. We have a broken dishwasher, until they quit arguing about whose turn it is to wash.....they get the job. I feel your pain.

Lisa

Megan said...

YES! I got that same mango slicer for my birthday in October! It's incredible. I got it b/c my boyfriend claimed that I didn't slice mangoes the right way, and "screwed them all up". Well, the first one I sliced also got screwed up, so I still don't win. Ta da!