Thursday, July 26, 2007

Bursting the Housing Bubble....


FINALLY!!!! The house went on the market yesterday after 2 and a half months of hammering my thumb. I've used up nearly all of my money and curse words, so I guess it's just in time.

Check it out at:

http://www.reeceandnichols.com/Listing/ListingDetail.aspx?Search=59ef9a40-1260-4b7b-ae56-91f7a908e2ca&Listing=23946601&IRPAgentID=9130741&Image=1&First=1&Last=10&pagesize=10&SearchType=&ListingDistrictTypeID=&FirstLetter=&Sort=5&Cookies=

Then make an offer....


The experience has been educational.

I learned how to do drywall and re-finish hardwood flooring.

I learned that I STANK at this "hard work" stuff.

I've learned the Home Depot WILL call the cops on you when you come back and make a scene after getting crappy plumbing advice....

Lots of learning. I've also learned that if you hear "fixer upper" in the description of a house you should run like you're being chased by a wild dog.


After finishing up with the realtor, I did have the extreme pleasure of cutting drums for a recording session out in Blue Springs.

Ben Hooper, a marvelous instrumentalist, compser, and friend was tracking at Soundworks Studio, and invited me to play some drums on his new stuff.

Ben's very creative and loves to experiment, letting me bring in crazy old drums and go for very wild sounds.

The session went well, and I'll let you know when his soon-to-be-critically-acclaimed CD comes out....

Ta!

2 comments:

Scot said...

I have to admit, it was a bit jarring to come home from work on Wednesday and see the Reece and Nichols sign finally up in your yard. The idea of you being done on the house just seems a bit abstract. I will miss seeing you covered in paint splotches and sweat with a magnificantly lustrous head of hair towering towards the sky.
Of course, I'm a bit pissed that you never let me help you work on the house. But that is tempered by the bittersweet knowledge that you are one step closer to being away from us (sniff..sniff..snot bubble)and back with your lovely wife (hell yeah!).

M. Gants v4.0 said...

Oooh, checkout that bass drum head. I remember that thing! Hehe.

Good luck selling the house.