Monday, July 30, 2007

Idle Hands and Whatnot....


This is Zafari going bananas with all of this freetime.

Now that the house is done, and I have no job, I've found myself with some extra time. Since I've programmed myself to rush and feel guilty while doing anything except painting or spackling for the last three months, it's a little hard to get used to doing anything else without rushing and feeling guilty.

I usually swing my the house in the morning to see if there's any trash in the yard, or if someone STOLE THE SIGN AGAIN. I fool around inside, touching up paint and re-sweeping floors, all the while feeling like an unwelcome guest. There have been a few lookers thus far, but no offers in the first 5 days, I'm sad (but not surprised) to report.

If it's not sold by the last week of mango season, I'm burning the bitch down and heading back to the little island.


I have spent some time going through old photos, which has been great. Laura, Carly, and Rebecca have all gotten into scrapbooking, but I don't think I'm THAT depressed.... yet.

Carly's birthday is on Wednesday, and so Laura, Rebecca and I took her to the Aly & A.J. concert last night. Bianca Ryan, Drake (of Drake & Josh fame,) and Corbin Bleu were all opening acts. Not shaving for 3 months, wearing a beanie I bought from the Rastas in Barbados, along with the fact that I'm not a 9-year-old girl made me stand out just a little....

I have to admit I was impressed by the musicianship of three of the four acts. So impressed, in fact, that I threw my underwear on stage while Drake (of Drake & Josh fame) was performing.


I spent the morning listing ebay auctions on some of the vintage drum garbage that I can't take with me to Cayman. IF you're in the market, feel free to bid. OR, just buy the house and I'll throw it all in...

I know this is supposed to be a blog about Cayman, and that the only mention in this post is as a place to flee after committing arson, but cut me some slack, here.... Oh, wait... here we go:

Kristi is still on the Brac and heads back to Grand Cayman on the first. With any luck, our car will have been stolen and the farms will have developed Dutch Mango Disease or Mango Parvo or Ebola Mongonus or something....

TA!

1 comment:

M. Gants v4.0 said...

Oooh, pretty drums.

Try craigslist if ebay doesn't work...posting under some of the other bigger cities might work too.

I sold my drums on craigslist in Chicago within a couple days of posting...