Saturday, October 13, 2007

Feeling Knotty....



"I'm sorry, Mr. Griffith, my supervisor is at Lunch. All Day."

That wasn't funny. I'm pretty exhausted, so you'll have to forgive the even-lamer-than-usual jokes that are coming up.

Tying up all of the loose ends that remain is the basis for the titular lame joke. Weather, Hours of Operation, Customer Service Reps at Utility Companies, Lawn Mowers, and Carmax are all doing their best to send me over the edge.

I leave Monday morning for Cayman. We bought the ticket on Thursday after getting the news on Tuesday, and I've been FREAKING OUT every day since.


I've been chipping away at my three-page-list since, and the easiest things have proven to be the most challening. The pull-starter came out of the mower halfway through the job, so I had to use my neighbor's mower without permission. The Post Office closed ten minutes early today, so I couldn't change addresses or get Kristi's passport renewal docs. Carmax just took two Elements in, so they could only offer me '86 Pinto money for my gorgeous 2005 Honda (see Craigslist for details on just HOW gorgeous....)

Lots of little losing battles have made the voices in my head Angry about this War.

...and now it's raining Cats and Dogs outside, destroying any chance of my "To Do" list getting "To Done" today.

I've been away from my wife for the better part of almost 6 months. I get to see her in 2 days. My elation at this fact comes and goes in short burts in between the machine-gun spray of To Do List disappointments, and this is what bugs me the most. Grrrrr...

My scowl was just momentarily erased. In my haste, I referred to the elation coming in "shorts bursts" instead of the intended "short bursts." Remember, no matter how bad things get, we can always laugh at pee jokes.

I have gotten to spend some marvelous time with some marvelous people, though, and that has also helped my mood.

I'll be back in 2 weeks for the wedding of Dr. Bryan Hughes, and I keep telling myself that I'll fix all of this garbage then.

We'll see.

I'll be scrambling around tomorrow and flying on Monday.... My next post will be from Cayman, and I promise I won't still be bitching about Verizon witholding the Unlock Codes for my Treo. I hope.

2 comments:

Megan said...

What neighborhood is that photo in? The blue house in the background looks freakishly familiar, and I can't figure out where I've seen it. Tell me! Hehe. Hope you had a safe flight back to Cayman!

Anonymous said...

Hey you never emailed me what time we're chatting.